BPM or CRM?

Discussion in 'Uses cases ( share, ask, comment)' started by Ivan Tafalla, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Ivan Tafalla

Ivan Tafalla New Member

Hi!
    I have a small company for vending equipment. Our sales department is of 4 persons and they are dealing with incoming leads and clients. But it is getting hard to control.
    It is difficult to see how the clients are passed from one employee to another if someone leaves the company.
    I want to use an IT program for our sales, to have a client database and history, to monitor the sales and check how the deals are being accomplished.
    Do I need a BPM system for that or is CRM better?
    Maybe someone has a similar situation and you can give me a piece of advice?

2. Alex Khodyrev

Alex Khodyrev Administrator

You can automate any process, including sales, in a BPMS. It's another matter that a BPMS would be a bit heavy for a small company. If you have only a sales rep and an accountant managing clients, why automating the process? It is clear as it is. A CRM system is great for keeping a database and order history. There are free CRM systems as well. BPMS is a reasonable choice if many employees from different departments are involved in the processes. But generally speaking, a BPMS has all the functions of a CRM system. So in the long view, you can start with a BPMS.

3. Ivan Tafalla

Ivan Tafalla New Member

Alex, thank you!
    Do you know, can I install ELMA CRM and then upgrade it to BPM? I understand that using a different CRM program will not allow me to transfer all the data into ELMA later if I decide to install it?

4. Alex Khodyrev

Alex Khodyrev Administrator

Standard CRM features are already included in ELMA BPM Platform, such as client databases, sales funnel, marketing etc. You can learn more here: https://kb.elma-bpm.com/help/EN/Platform/content/User_CRM_index.html. Moreover, you can purchase ELMA CRM+, which is an additional module with more advanced features.
    It is possible. However it would require some integrations and advanced configuration. If you need more information, please contact us: